Persuasive Essay Topics
A persuasive essay is a type of academic writing where one argues for or against an idea.
What is the purpose of a persuasive essay?
The main idea behind the persuasive essay is to convince the reader or listener that your argument is valid. You want the reader to see your reasons with you and think the way you are doing. On this platform, you can find good topics for your persuasive essay.
How to start a persuasive essay
When writing a persuasive essay, you must always keep in mind that your goal is to convince the reader. Thus, it would be best if you didn’t do a shoddy job writing the essay. To write a great persuasive essay, take the following steps:
- Choose a side you are convinced about
You cannot convince somebody about a position you are not wholly convinced about.
- Build an excellent persuasive essay outline
Writing an essay without an outline is like building a house without foundation. A good outline will guide your writing.
- Show empathy and integrity
Good persuasive essays are usually built on logical, ethical, and passionate arguments. Clauses used in a persuasive essay should show an apparent harmony between these three.
Good persuasive essay topics for all students
There are many persuasive essay topics you could explore. Our website intends to keep you up-to-date about good persuasive essay topics. Some topics you could consider include:
- Should wild animals be kept as pets?
- Should social media use be banned for a particular age bracket?
- Should students be taught self-defense?
- Are mentally ill people treated fairly by society?
- Passion or money: Which is more important for job fulfillment?
- Should high-income earners pay higher taxes?
- Do violent video games encourage or influence violence in reality?
- Is it moral for the government to limit the number of children in families to curb overpopulation?
Inspiring persuasive essay ideas
One of the things you want to do in a persuasive essay is to inspire action.
- Does mindset affect performance in a class?
- Should people undergo personal self-development?
- Should mental health and well-being be introduced into the school curriculum?
- Children learn more from the action than what is said
- Should governments ban plastic bags?
- Failure is an integral part of the success
- Should prisoners be given the right to vote?
- Are drunk drivers adequately punished?
Interesting persuasive essay topics for college
When writing a persuasive essay, the level of education needs to be considered.
- Should there be feminist foreign policies?
- Are there alternatives to demonstrations and protests?
- Should lecturers go on strike?
- Do parents have a part in their children’s education?
- Homework is not essential to the learning process
- Does online schooling do more harm than good to students?
- Are GMO foods healthy?
- Does industrialization have any role in economic development?
Easy persuasive essay topics for high school
Persuasive essays for high school students need to be catchy enough but not too elementary.
- Should students be allowed to use phones in school?
- Should school hours be reduced?
- Should paternity leave be established in companies?
- Should academically struggling students be stopped from participating in sports?
- Does the internet have an impact on the concentration levels of students?
- Is sex education proper in schools?
- Reality shows: an avenue for exploitation
Fun persuasive essay topics for kids
Persuasive essays that have to do with kids have to be simple yet interesting. Remember, they are just kids.
- Should kids be paid for doing chores?
- Should older kids have extended bedtimes?
- Should kids decide who gets their custody?
- Are board games helpful in learning?
- Is pizza healthy?
- Homework should be banned
- It is better to be an only child than to have siblings
Great persuasive essay topics for students
Generally, a persuasive essay has to be relevant. It is necessary to pick a topic that your readers can relate to.
- Exams are the best way to assess students’ learning levels
- Should public libraries be funded?
- Should young kids be allowed on the internet?
- Can the world rely on green energy?
- Does watching TV affect the attention span of children?
- Should students grade teachers?
- Religion and science can collaborate.
Whatever your topic is and whatever level you are writing for, be relevant. The most important thing is to grab the attention of your reader and inspire action.